Welcome from the Headteacher
I feel privileged to have the responsibility for the education and care of the children at John Wycliffe Primary School. We are a happy, inclusive school, where an enthusiastic and talented staff works hard to meet the individual needs of the children, using a range of strategies to support their learning effectively.
At John Wycliffe, we are passionate about teaching and learning and believe in educating the whole child, both academically and personally. We celebrate success in a variety of ways, including :
- Wyck rewards,
- Character Muscle Awards - children are selected for demonstrating the Character Muscle of the week;
- ARKs - Acts of Random Kindness;
- Phone-home Friday - one child is chosen each week for having an outstanding attitude to school life; and,
- John Wycliffe Citizenship Award - by contributing to life at JWPS in a wide range of ways.
We are passionate about making learning relevant, fun, practical and memorable, providing valuable learning experiences that meet the needs of all our children, giving them skills and developing their independence in preparation for life beyond the classroom in a rich, diverse society.
We expect high standards of behaviour, mutual respect and attitude to learning from all our pupils and ask parents to support us through the home school agreement, signed upon joining the school, which illustrates how the school and parents can work together.
There may be a time when you need to raise a concern about your child in school, whether about learning, friendships or to inform us of external circumstance. Please speak, in the first instance, to your child’s class teacher, who will arrange a suitable time to meet with you and endeavour to meet your needs. In addition to this, we have an open door policy where you are welcome to talk things through with me.
We pride ourselves in having a good relationship with parents and carers, as we recognise that it is through this partnership that we can best support each and every child; children learn best when they feel safe and happy.
We hope John Wycliffe Primary School enjoys a long and successful working relationship with you and your child.
Mrs V Njoroge
John Wycliffe Primary School
Moorbarns Lane, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4QJ
Tel: 01455 553135 Fax: 01455 550470
Latest School Calendar Events
- Character Muscle - Humour22Oct2018
- Image Theatre Presents....... Robin Hood23Oct2018
9:00 am - 11:30 am @ JWPS
Bringing live theatre to school.
- Table Tennis Tournament23Oct2018
3:45 pm - 5:30 pm @ Lutterworth High
For named children only
On the 1st of June 2017, John Wycliffe Primary School converted to academy status and joined Inspiring Primaries Academy Trust -IPAT.
Other schools in IPAT are:
- All Saints CofE Primary School – Sapcote
- Claybrooke Primary School
- Dunton Bassett Primary School
- Gilmorton Chandler CofE Primary School
- Ullesthorpe CofE Primary School
- Sharnford CofE Primary School
- St Margaret’s CofE Primary –Stoke Golding
- St Mary’s CofE Primary School – Bitteswell
If you would like to find out more about the Inspiring Primaries Academy Trust or you represent a school who is interested in becoming part of the trust, then visit the website: www.inspiringprimaries.uk to find out more.
(disclaimer: We have no control over the content of external websites.)