IPAT Peer Review
Click here to see the report following our most recent Peer Review.
Extract from Behaviours and Attitudes section.....
● The school has high expectations for pupils’ behaviour and conduct and this is reflected in the
positive behaviours observed.
● The overriding principle of the school’s good citizen code is ‘that everyone acts with respect towards
each other at all times; that the school community works towards understanding, accepting and
valuing individual and community differences’. This respectful, inclusive culture was evident
throughout the school and, as a result, children feel they belong and are safe.
● A parent survey was conducted in October 2019 with 153 replies received - 91% agreed the children
are well behaved and 97% agree that their child is happy.
● Bullying is not tolerated and it is discussed appropriately so that children have a developed
understanding of what bullying is and what it isn’t.
● No low level disruption was observed and children with particular needs which impact on their
behaviours were seen to be very well supported and staff were observed expecting children to follow
routines and reminding them when necessary.
● Children speak highly of their teachers, ‘without them, we wouldn’t learn’, and the headteacher who
‘we love to listen to and she takes time to listen to us’.
● Children across the school are proud of their achievements and of their school.